Thursday, 10 August 2023

Lee Mount - 10th August

 What a haul......

These Large Yellow Underwings were what was left in the trap after I emptied the egg boxes. I was counting them as I emptied the boxes and of course many escaped. I lost count at 190 so there were in excess of 200. Never had so many of these previously. Perfect warm, muggy night. Quite overwhelming and not easy looking for other species in amongs them !


27 species in total with the best of the rest including one each of ... Six-striped Rustic, Phoenix, Small Phoenix, Yellow Shell, Willow Beauty, Common Carpet, Lesser Yellow Underwing and Small Fan-footed Wave.

Also Mouse Moth x 3, Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing x 3, Acrobasis advenella x 4.

2 comments:

Martynbirder said...

Yes a good night for Large Yellowunderwing Dave, I had 258 here

AndyC said...

200 + here with Oak Hook tip , Old LAdy , Gold Triangle , Scarce and Dingy Footman...