Thursday, 6 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
5 comments:
sure is Nick, nice one
Martyn
Martyn
Can you let me have a recipe for something sugary to put out on a log or two at home, not having much success with the lamp just now.
thanks
Nick
Nick
Just buy some squirtable runny honey from Lidl/Aldi at £1.69 a bottle. Simply squirt a a strip on fence poles or plants. I have tried loads of differant "secret" mixes but nothing has ever worked better than good old Lidl runny honey.
Hi Nick good looking moth red Sword grass.
In the MV last night i had,1 Autumn Green carpet,2 Angle Shades,1 blairs Shoulder knot,2 red Green carpet,16 Light brown apple Moth,1 Exapate congelatella and only 1 Chestnut on Sugar you just car'nt tell.I use 1 pint of beer(guiness) Black treacle,dark Brown sugar and a drop of vanilla essense (but I get it all from work... shhhhh)
I sugared in my garden the night before last (5th) with the same mix as Andy's except I use rum instead of vanilla. The totals as follows:
Slug sp. 1
Fly sp. 1
Woodlouse c50
Nuff said!
Post a Comment