Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Butterfly Count / Wall brown ??

The Big Butterfly count is on at the moment and only takes a few minutes to submit your records.
https://www.bigbutterflycount.org/species


With good numbers of butterfly's recorded in Calderdale over the last couple of years and new species being added over the last couple decades (Ringlet ,Speckled Wood and Gatekeeper etc)  its odd how the Wall Brown is becoming very scarce , 3 years ago I would have had 3 /4 in the garden at this time of year but since then I have had only one sighting in the last 3 years. Has any one seen a Wall Brown this year in Calderdale..??

3 comments:

charlie streets said...

Nine years since my last one, at the bottom of N.Dean woods. I do keep an eye for them as well.

Dave Sutcliffe said...

I have not had any for about 10 years or so and the last one was top end of Luddenden Dean.

AndyC said...

I saw one last year on the Bradford side of soil hill, so they are still around but only just...