Saturday, 23 April 2016

Lee Mount

2 from this week, both on 19th April I've been struggling with....

Thought maybe this first one was a washed out Common Quaker but it looked marginally larger - not sure as the pale dark lines running down the wing have thrown me a bit (it don't take much doing)!!


This pug below was much smaller and a different shape from a Brindled Pug that I had the same night. This is only 2 cm across - wondered about Double-striped Pug which seems to fit the date ?
Best shot I could get !

3 comments:

AndyC said...

Think it has to be a worn Common Quaker ....Rustic Shoulder Knot will be out soon and often get mistaken for Quakers....

David Sutcliffe said...

Not so sure on double-striped now after looking at the Lancashire Pugs. Think the wings are too rounded on this one - they don't look straight on the forewing at all. Perhaps this one is just a small Brindled !

AndyC said...

I would say the pug is about 18/19 mm ...so its one of the smaller ones at this time of year..Brindled are about 22 / 24...It has pretty distinct cross lines and no discal spot ...Deffo Double striped for me..The shape on this one is not the typical/ classic pose of DSPug ,!!