I saw this moth amongst grass in Todmorden today. I don't know the species but hoping someone can help.
Sunday, 27 May 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
4 comments:
I think maybe Common White Wave but I’m sure others will name it with more certainty !
Thank you David. Looking at illustrations for this moth it looks like you have it spot on!
Hi Philip - Common Wave is similar but the cross line are brownish and wavy rather than straight-ish cross lines on CWW. Just in case you see both of them !
Hi David, thank you for that and I will keep my eyes open!
Post a Comment