Thursday, 31 May 2018

MOTH NIGHT AT CROMWELL BOTTOM

Barry Nield will be running a moth trapping event at Cromwell Bottom this coming Saturday night (June 2nd). Meet by the café over the bridge from the car park just before dark - weather looks good. If anyone can offer me a lift there that would be great.


Also this Bud  Moth emerged from another of my Blackthorn larva from Park Wood Crematorium
All four species identified or reared so far from Blackthorn have been new to me!







4 comments:

Colin D said...

Do yo think its one of the Epiblema (Epiblema cirsiana or E. scutulana )

charlie streets said...

No, it's a Bud Moth (Spilonota ocellana) - I should have included the latin name.

AndyC said...

Charlie , I am working so no lift sorry, but I may pop in later..thanks for the info...

charlie streets said...

Andy, me and Barry will be there from about 8.30 onwards at the café area.
All welcome and I think drinks/shelter will be available.