As we got to the top end of Skirden Cough we had a male Emperor Moth fly right by us heading up towards the wind- farm. It was in a hurry but we got enough on it to be sure, but it wasn't staying around for a photo !
At the top of White Wall End, the clough from Ogden reservoir that heads towards Thornton Moor, we had several micro's flying low over the heather but couldn't get close to any until this one below, landed on a sprig of heather and I managed a couple of shots - hopefully enough for identification.
It was less than 10mm.
I think maybe Philedonides lunana ??
On the way back down towards the main road we had 3 Peacock and 4 Small Tortoiseshells - and I think we passed Gordon ?? some short distance away just on his way up. But didn't realize it might be him until I saw his post below.
2 comments:
Fancy me being recognised without you seeing photo of me. I'm more notorious than I thought. My misdeeds go before me then. Hmmm. It's strange you should see three peacocks as well. Maybe they were the same ones? (Joke).
Yes Dave, it's a female. Not much else to confuse it with at this time of year.
Post a Comment