Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
2 comments:
Nice spot Charlie I only ever found this once I think on the road below Broadhead Clough on Crag Road. I must have taken more than one specimen as I have four or five dried pressed leaves in my leaf mine collection(I just checked) It was the only site I ever found it so its nice to see it being recorded in other places now as Sycamore is not the first tree you think of when out leaf mining :)
Hello there fellow leaf mining enthusiast! I must say I do like these English names for micros which I do think work well with scientific ones especially when you go out mothing with a bunch of newbies. Giving them scientific names just leaves them bored and uninspired.
Post a Comment