Just a suspicion of a Vine's Rustic (13mm) this morning in the trap. Also sent to CF for his thoughts. These are the best I could get before it escaped. Quite a grey moth though the photos show more brown.
CF confirmed - Vine's Rustic
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
2 comments:
Looks good David, I had one the other day that looked just the same but it escaped before I could get a photo, this moth seems to be on the increase so we should expect more
odd that you have only had Purple Bar once before I usually get 4-6 per year but have had over 20 this year. It just shows how the distribution of Moths changes over small distances. For instance Garden Carpet is scarce here , the maximum yearly total being 19, compared to 410 at Pellon two miles away.
Thanks for your comments Martyn - looks like you may have had one too. CF confirmed they've been on the week for a week or so now with a helpful comment that Vine's reminds of Common Quaker rather than Uncertain/Rustic. I can see that now.
Distribution of some moths does seem to change even within different local areas. Interesting !
Post a Comment