I'm having exiting time just now. My laptop started acting up. It took me two days to sort it out. Still, it's a lot cheaper than taking it in for repair.
From 29th July
Thanks to David for confirming Common Rustic, in the comments.
3 x Common Rustic (1 pale brown, other 2 Red-ish brown I'm not 100% certain of the IDs)
3 x Eudonia lacustrata
3 x Marbled Beauty
1 x Small Phoenix (possibly from day before)
4 x Blastobasis lacticolella
2 x Blastobasis adustella
Common Rustic agg.
Common Rustic agg.
I still have some more catching up to do....


2 comments:
You're not on your own trying to 'catch up Gordon. It always seems the same at this time of year for me. I have a number of micro's on the go trying to i d them but it always seems to take a good deal of time - if I can't get them I 'let them go' !! Think you're probably right with Common Rustic agg. !
Hi David. Yes, this time of year is a mother's busy period, especially if we get good weather. Micros are a tricky lot taken as a whole. Personally, I'm always amazed when I find a macro which looks quite distinctive, I think, "This will be easy." Yet after going through all my moth books 2 or 3 times, I can't find it. The Common Rustic was a case in point. I've only seen one once before. After a couple days, I opened Manley's at random in despair. Lo and behold, it was on that page! Thanks for the confirmation of the Common Rustic.
Post a Comment