Saturday, 26 February 2011

Last night in Hebden Bridge






























Little things to get excited about!

For the last 4 years (as far as I can remember) I have had only one Dotted Border visit the skinner trap per year. And each year I have failed to get a photograph of this very flighty (in my experience) species. On previous years the subjects have been completely uncooperative and shot off at the first sign of a camera or, on one occassion comitted suicide in the canal. Last night I came home about midnight after work and obviously everything was sopping wet. There were three moths however -

1 x Chestnut
1 x 1025 tortricodes alternella
And yes...
1 x 1934 Agriopis marginaria Dotted Border.
A better pic this time of a rather worn specimen. More pleased with the pic of t. alternella, which again although common is not a regular visitor here. I think it shows some nice detail. Winston

No comments: