Photo by finder - Joan Sleight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
6 comments:
Very Nice ..good to know there around ,,,any pics .??Still not seen one locally....
Joan,(the finder), took a few but I think her camera settings were not in macro mode and the auto focus captured the distant back drop quite nicely - not the moth unfortunately.
Ah glad to know it's 'Hawk' time again, nice and mild here tonight, hoping for a decent catch after a week off!
I tell a lie! Joan did manage a couple of very nice pics after all.I'll post the best one up.
Ben,what a way to start the hawk season - it's a very rarely recorded moth in Calderdale. Only around 6 records I think.
Its a top spot for Hawkmoths all around Skircot and the allotment has had lots of realy good breeding records.Shows what a good habitat allotments are for moths.
Blimey, then it is a very good record indeed! it is 3rd commonest in the garden here after Popular and Elephant, though closwely matching Lime in numbers annually.
Post a Comment