I reckon I've finally nailed this one down as Acleris Hastiana. It's a dead ringer for the pic on the Hants moth site complete with two pairs of scale tufts.A common sallow feeding species.
Tuesday, 24 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
2 comments:
Good Stuff,typically due to the being so many variants, this form dosnt appear to be depicted in the New Micro Book,ps wish it had a Food Plant Index at the back !! still a brilliant book though.
For those of us not willing to buy half a library of moth books the new micro guide is invaluable. I think I read somewhere that a second book may be published if there was sufficient interest in the first.
Post a Comment