This morning - I found 2 Fox Moth caterpillars at the northern end - this one was eating grass stalk (purple moor grass ? ) near an area of sparse heather with the other one nearby.
If anyone can help with these dragonflies I found around the new ponds that would be a help.
I am thinking Black Darter maybe - but it's a new one to me ! or more likely I have not noticed them before !!
Front one (male?) is dark and the other (female?) - yellowish with a slightly larger body.
They were not as large as Common Hawker (maybe half the size) but buzzed around pretty quickly so it was difficult to get any really good shots.
Friday, 11 September 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Calderdale is a good area for Black Darters have been recorded from Langfiled and Walshaw this week and its common along Whiteholme drain.
Post a Comment