Thursday, 27 September 2018

Lee Mount 26th/27th September

A new one for here last night and still here this morning - Red-line Quaker and also a Green Carpet. Not had many 'carpet sp' all year so this was very nice for a change, though looking a little worn.
1 Silver Y was nectering last night on the Buddleia as well, nice to see in the torch-light.

 Green Carpet
 
Red-line Quaker
 
Also in the trap this morning
Large Yellow Underwing x 1
Svensson's Copper Underwing x 1 (found dead)
Copper Underwing agg
Light-brown Apple-moth x 3
Also a pug which I'm working on !!!

10 Red Admirals on the Buddleia and Sedum  yesterday and just one Small Tortoiseshell

1 comment:

Gordon Jackson said...

I have noticed a lack of carpets this year as well. I've only seen one garden carpet, on the 13th of Aug. I usually get quite a few. With the warm weather, I'd have expected a lot more. The same with Small Tortoiseshells. I wonder what's going on?