Saturday, 23 November 2019

Rishworth- A great new species!

Moth Trapping Session 22nd November 2019
Very pleased with a Pale Pinion! The usuals otherwise.

List of Species
Red Green Carpet x2
Chestnut x2
Feathered Thorn x1
Pale Pinion x1                    How Many records for Calderdale of this species?
Mottled Umber x1


5 comments:

AndyC said...

1 on the 30th & 31st March 2004 at Park Road Elland (PT) constitutes a first record for Calderdale.
They are regular now in very small numbers..great record

Edward Evans said...

I think that was the first record for this year. The two pinions are lovely twig mimics.

David Sutcliffe said...

Nice one. I only have 3 records here Edward (none this year) all earlier in the years ie. 6th May 2016, 19th and 21st April 2018. One here at this time of year would be nice.

Edward Evans said...

Yes, this is their emergence time. I hope to see more in coming months/years. Look out for my post coming soon with my Scarce Umbers in.

Edward Evans said...

Now it's time to look out for Tawny Pinion. There's enough Ash trees (their foodplant) to sink a battleship here!