Moth Trapping Session 3rd November 2019
A good night with a good variation of species.
List of Species
Brick x4
Exapate Congelatella x1
November Moth Agg. x1
Northern Winter Moth x1
Winter Moth Sp. x1
Red Lined Quaker x1
Satellite x5
Feathered Thorn x2
Monday, 4 November 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Did you go to the moth night at Cromwell Bottom Edward?
Mind you, with the numbers you're getting in your garden I wouldn't be surprised if you're out performing CB!
Yes. Andy was there as well. Only 5 moths of 4 species.
Silver Y X1
Carpotilia Sp. X1
Yellow Line Quaker x1
Northern Winter Moth X2
I think I am out performing them.
I meant to add an exclamation mark at the end. :-(
Just goes to show how important living next to a wood is.Paul Talbot used to trap all year and get great numbers throughout the winter months...
Looks like it's all round to Ed's house in the Spring :-)
Any photo of the Caloptilia sp?
Not that I. Know of. We thought it was betulicola but couldn't confirm it. Praying for a December Moth tonight!
Barry has the Caloptillia sp , he may still have it.??
Or at least a decent photo.??
Not sure. don't have email so can't get in contact with him. I don't know if he kept it.
Post a Comment