I took these photos in 2011, at Lothertom Hall, in Leeds. I'd bought my first Panasonic Lumix a few weeks before. I was overjoyed at the results.
I'd spotted this one landing on some plants, by the edge of the pond. As dragonflies tend to have a regular patch they patrol, along with a resting piace. I just stood still and waited for it coming back again. These are the results.
Broad-bodied Chaser.



6 comments:
Nice photo's Gordon. Hope we get some of those this summer if we're allowed out !!
Thank you David! Being under house arrest isn't that bad. I just wonder why one bag of rice has 8786 grains of rice in and the other only has 8774 grains in.
Having time on one's hands is really, very useful, as you can see.
I'm going back to my cell now. If I stand on a chair, I can just see a very small patch of sky.
Excellent pictures of an amazing moth.
I meant dragonfly, sigh.
Don't worry Edward, you made me laugh in these very strange times. Put it down to stress, I always do.
In this case for me it is auto-pilot!
Post a Comment