Tuesday, 17 March 2020

Rishworth - A caterpillar and a possible Mottled Grey in the field opposite the house.

I went over to the field opposite the house that is full of moorland grasses looking for any larvae and lo and behold I found this first instar Caterpillar, we thought it was Anoumalous or Neglected Rustic from the new caterpillar guide.... Found at around 300m....
up for ID it is on its side on these two pics


Also while checking for more larva I found what I think is a mottled grey in the grass

3 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Just got the new caterpillar guide as well Edward but not had a good look at it yet.

AndyC said...

Mottled grey for me,,,but a flat on pic would better ,, and a bit closer on the cat..you could save the cat and breed it through..

Edward Evans said...

Click to enlarge the picture of the caterpillar, the third one is good cheers..