My thanks to Edward, for correcting my misidentified moth. See below.
I had a nice surprise this morning. A Red-Green Carpet, (worn) and two Angle Shades caterpillars, brown form.
I've never seen two of the latter at the same time before. They gave me a little trouble at first. The markings on the ones below, are different to the other brown forms I've seen. Both are such a very dark brown, as to look almost a dull black. The photos showed otherwise. Caterpillar number 2, has quite a lot of green markings, as the images show.





4 comments:
Sorry Gordon, I know there isn't much red, but that is red green carpet.
Edward, blast and damn. You have NO idea how long I spent today, trying to work out which of the two moths it was. I found myslf wondering how long it would be before someone told me I was wrong. I despair. Smile.
Oh no don't despair Gordon - just look-out for the next little beauty.
David, I read the first part of your comment and laughed. I was sure you were going to say, "Just wait for the next disappointment."
Post a Comment