Tuesday, 3 October 2017

Stainland 3rd October 2017 Yesterday's moth revisited.Updated)

After a discussion in the comments section with Andy, I've now renamed the moth in this post to a Novermber agg. Thanks Andy.

This post is something in the way of an apology for any confusion I caused yesterday with a moth photo of mine.

The moth I described as possibly a Pale Autumnal yesterday, was still by the door today. When I looked at it this morning, I thought, "That moth is a sort of charcoal grey, what is going on?"  I have no idea why I didn't see that yesterday

I decided to photograph it in natural light, as quick test I used the "Intelligent Auto" setting. This put the camera aperture down to f2 instead of  f22, so no depth of field is achieved. However, it showed me that somehow, I've accidentally changed the light balance setting to something other than "Flash" and didn't notice.

I'm posting two shots I took this morning, with and without flash. The without, shows the moth at it's natural colour. After breakfast, I shall check the camera settings, Sorry if I mislead anyone. It is still a Pale Autumnal? I've not had time to look yet.


November agg.


5 comments:

AndyC said...

Excellent post Gordon, the November / Autumnal moths are very tricky and can only be identified by gen det to be sure....

Gordon Jackson said...

Thank you Andy. My Query now is, what do I call it?

AndyC said...

Nov agg.....

Gordon Jackson said...

Thank you Andy. It may seem silly, but I don't feel happy about having found something and be unable to put a name to it.

AndyC said...

iNDEED ,November Moth agg is spot on...