Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
4 comments:
Any butterflies in your garden..any at all....?
No butterflies, I would have reported them. The only one in the last week or two was the Small Tortoiseshell feeding on a pansy, which I posted (no photo). I've seen very few in the garden this year. Possibly 5 or 6 whites in this season. There was the Large White caterpillar I posted in August. I have not seen a Red admiral, Peacock or Orange Tip this season any where.
We've had / are still getting, a lot of bees, one or two Green Shieldbugs and other insects but no ladybirds in the garden, but this of course, is not the place to record them. In June, after my knee operation, I spent a lot of time sat in the garden. I didn't see butterflies then, whis is most unusual. We have bought butterfly friendly seeds for next year, in the hope of attracting more butterflies.
PS. I should have said that we have had a large variety of flowers in the garden, as always. I'd have expected butterflies, they kept the insects happy however.
Acleris comariana and laterana usually need dissecting to separate, look on UK Moths.
Post a Comment