Tuesday, 30 October 2018

World Wildlife population dropped by ahd 60% since 1970.

I thought some people here may like to see this. If all the insects were wiped out, the human race would die off, never mind ALL wildlife. It's hard to know what to do as individuals. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/global-wildlife-has-plummeted-by-staggering-60-since-1970-charitys-worrying-report-reveals-a3975091.html

3 comments:

Philip said...

Thanks Gordon for bringing it to our attention. I have just read the account in the press this morning and it should worry us all. I doubt very much anything will change as the policies necessary to reverse this are not compatible with modern lifestyle. Ignore the global aspect for a moment and just think what has happened to wildlife in our own country since the 1950's. Governments do take note of large swings in public opinion but where is this? Remember the musical in 1961 "Stop the world I want to get off"; it looks like wildlife has already done just that.

Gordon Jackson said...

Hi Philip. In 1974, I was told not follow the news by my Doctor. It was depressing me a great deal. He pointed out that knowing how many were killed in a war going currently somewhere, or dying in road accidents etc, was not improving the quality of my life one bit. He told me only to be concerned about things I COULD do something about, anything else would only make me ill. It turned out to be first class advice. The news was bad then and worse now. I think it may be time for me to stop paying attention to it again, life is too short for more misery that one can cope with.

Philip said...

Hi Gordon, I think you are right with that advice and I have to remind myself that not all is getting worse. Worrying over things we cannot control just leads to bad thoughts. There is much to enjoy about wildlife and plenty of opportunities to make a difference in local surroundings. All the best.

Philip