Saturday, 26 June 2021

Stainland. 24th and 26th June.

 I've not had time to post these, so they are all in this post.There are a couple that I'm not 100% certain of.

 

24th June

2 x Brimstone moths (Anne found them in one of our shrubs at 11pm. She's getting good at this.)

1 x Garden Carpet

1 x Blastobasis lacticolella (Wakley's Dowd)

1 x Eudonia lacustrata

The two I'm unsure about are below:

The Blastobasis l. does not have folded wings, as the books suggest. Also, it's very short on markings, quite a common feature I know. I think I got this one right. (?)

Blastobasis lacticolella TBC

The second one I'm quite sure about is Eudonia lacustrata TBC. Tricky little set of moths. Again, I THINK I got the correct ID.

Eudonia lacustrata TBC
 
26th June:
1 x Small Magpie, a lovely little moth. It's quite a nice photo, so I'm posting it. 

Small Magpie



No comments: