From 17th July 2022
I'm still catching up. There two moths below which I haven't been able to ID. I spent hours at it too. Annoyingly, I have a faint memory of seeing this one before but...? I'll leave it until the last.
2 x Eudonia lacustrata
1 x Eudonia (sp?) It doesn't look like the standard Eudonia l., to me. I'm at a loss, ID Needed.
3 x Marbled Beauty
1 x Bird Cherry Ermine
1 Swallowtail
1 x Udea prunalis with white fungal disease on head .(1st of two in this condition so far this year.)
Bird Cherry Ermine
Eudonia sp. ID needed
Udea prunalis with white fungal disease on head



4 comments:
Can't work the lower one out Gordon. Has a spider got hold of it ???
yes bottom one is very interesting..???
Re; the dark brown moth with white head. I don't believe that a spider had a go at it. Spider bites paralyse their prey, then bind them, for eating later. This moth seemed healthy and moved it's position about during the day, finally flying off. I'm sure I've seen one before a few years ago.
So...Two moths I posted and no IDs have I discovered TWO new moths? The one in question and the long black one in my post dated, 12th July (last image of the 3).
I tried for i d Gordon but they are beyond me (it don't take much)!!
Post a Comment