A couple of hours or so after I photographed the 12th of July moths, my life-long health problem surfaced again. It happens without any warning, I was out of action for a few days.
12th July
Best day this year so far. 3:30 am, we had four swallowtails, I was amazed! List first, one or two images after.
As I was coming round, I tried to ID the moths. Over three days, I spent a lot of hours going through my moth books page by page, and looking online, repeatedly, I have been unable to get an ID for the ones below, it drove me crackers. Could someone please take a look at them and tell me what they are? Thank you
4 x Swallowtails
4 x Eudonia lacustrata
1 x Brimstone
1 x Common footman
1 x Riband Wave
4 to ID yet. One or two are very poor shots and I don't expect any luck with the ginger moth. The first looked a bit like a dark Bee moth, it has two green areas. The Ginger one has off white markings




No comments:
Post a Comment