Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Blackneck

Now I know that this Blackneck looks to be falling in bits (well not only looks it is!) but I believe it is a pretty rare moth in Yorkshire, are there any other local records?



Now for something that does make a good picture, I also had this Buff Arches last night


is anyone else having lots of Snout, I have had eight in one night this week


I'm also getting a few Small Fan-foot this year


don't be put off by the poor weather, I often find the good Moths turn up in poor conditions

4 comments:

AndyC said...

excellent Blackneck,I recorded the first last year at Northowram so its only the second record.I have been recording lots of Snouts with 5 a couple of nights ago.great stuff Martyn

Andrew & Lorna said...

I had lots of snouts (5) in the trap last Friday, have not taken the pics off the camera yet though and havent started trying to id them - but I do recognise that one! :-)

AndyC said...

I recorded mine on the 13th July 2007 .So nearly a year to the same date ? was yours on the 14th or 15th ?????

oldsoulrebel said...

15th Andy