Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
6 comments:
Win, the top pic. looks like Early Tooth-striped to me.But as I only see about one per year, I could be wrong!!
hi Charlie. Yes me too! pondered over it long enough. There are no chequered veins but it was the wing shape that did it for me. still think MG but am often wrong?
Win
had a look again Charlie. can't decide. :-( Win
I d go for a ETS for sure.
Win, the forewing shape differences can appear to be subtle, but that along with those two distinct,contrasting cross bands certainly rules out MG in my mind.
thanks guys. I will put it down as ETS. Actually wanted it to be MG as I haven't got a pic of one of those yet. Well actually had one the other night but it shot off before the pot! Win
Post a Comment