Sunday, 10 September 2017

Stainland 10 September 2017.

1 x Garden Carpet.
1 x Light Brown Apple.
1 x Garden Rose Tort. (Warn, hard to be certain).
1 x Common Carpet.

I'll put the Garden Rose Tort up, in case I'm wrong and it can be corrected.

Garden Rose Tort?

About midnight last night, Anne spotted a moth with it's wings in raised position. I couldn't think what it was. At about 3:30 am It was still on the door but with it's wings opened flat. Mystery solved, it's a Common Carpet. I've not seen one resting with wings up before. It had gone by morning.



Garden Carpet.



5 comments:

AndyC said...

Gordon look again at your Common Carpet...

Gordon Jackson said...

Andy
Sorry, I had a lot of trouble with this this moth. I thought it was another carpet, then found the "other" was a march land one. I only spent two hours look, maybe that's not enough time. I have to say that I'm really still only a novice.

I will bow to anyone who cane ID it for me. Sorry

Gordon.

Gordon Jackson said...

I MEANT MARSHLAND, not march land . Bum!

AndyC said...

The bottom pic is Garden Carpet

Gordon Jackson said...

Oh! In my ignorance, I assumed Garden Carpets were ALWAYS grey. I'd not realised they varied in colour. Thanks ((wandering off with red face).