I haven't seen this moth before, so it was worth the effort. It's quite worn but I think it is a Dark Marbled Carpet - Dysstroma citrata.
Dark Marbled Carpet.
So, even if I'm wrong, I still have another first. It's turning out to be a good year for moth spotting for me.


2 comments:
Gordon , when I first saw this I was convinced it was a DMC but after looking closely I now think its a CMC....a very smart CMC , I must say. Its the angle of the central cross line..I could be wrong and a pic with wings folded helps to id these two species....
Andy, I don't know enough to make an informed judgement about it. There is a similarly marked CMC on UK moths. But I'm unsure as to what the centre cross line is on the moth here. To me, it doesn't seen to have a central one really. My ignorance again I suspect.
Post a Comment