Monday, 25 September 2017

Stainland, 24th September 2017

Quite a few moths, I think they must have been sheltering from the elements. The highlight being a first for me, a Snout moth. I'll list the other moths first, then finish with the Snout.

6 x Light Brown Apple moths.
3 x Garden Rose Tortrix.
1 x Common Marbled Carpet.
1 Snout Moth.

The photo is not great, I only got three shots before it flew off. Still, I've never seen one before, so that's something at least. This is another of those moths described as "Common throughout Britain". It's so common I've never seen one before.

Snout moth.

2 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Nice Snout Gordon. I had one this morning as well - very nice.

Gordon Jackson said...

Thanks David, I'm always pleased when I come across a new-to-me moth.