Two here Colin that I have down for Uncertain (?) if these shots are any help. I've had a few of these recently but the last day or two the ones in the trap have looked faded so then uncertainty creeps in !
Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Dave It looks to me as if Yours are Uncertains check out
http://www.northumberlandmoths.org.uk/pdf/THE%20UNCERTAIN%20AND%20THE%20RUSTIC.pdf
The antimedian line is clearly dentate the sub terminal line dark and the stigmas darker than Ground colour
In the VC63 samples there is an element of doubt on the antemedial line
Thanks Colin. Just seen the Northumberland one. Looks interesting giving some good pointers. I have a shot of the underwing which I will post later though I’m not sure it’s much help as they are not always seen. It would be nice to find a certain ‘Rustic’ now for comparison !
Post a Comment