Monday, 27 April 2020

Lee Mount - 27th April

The Lesser Swallow Prominent has been around on the fence since 24th. This morning she was in the trap egg laying. I also found 2 other lots of eggs on the fence where she had been previously. 22 eggs in total but so far only saved the ones she laid on the egg box. The others are stuck so rather than damage them I have left them there





Also this morning
Garden Carpet x 1
Shuttle-shaped Dart x 1
Dyseriocrania subpurpurella x 1
Agonopterix heracliana x 1
Brindled Pug x 1
Last nights Lime Hawkmoth has gone.
 Garden Carpet

Shuttle-shaped Dart

4 comments:

AndyC said...

Great , think they will turn white pretty quickly then you have to wait until they hatch and feed them on Birch or sallow leaves....till they pupate.....

AndyC said...

1 Ruby Tier , 2 Hebrew character , 1 Early Grey and 2 Common Quaker here..tonight may be good (live in hope) ...

Martynbirder said...

any chance of a few cats when they hatch out Dave'

I have 14 Poplar Hawkmoth pupae from last year if you want to do a swap...….

David Sutcliffe said...

Ok Martyn. I'll see how they go. I found more eggs later today but they would not budge from the fence without destroying them so I left the rest where they are. Total count was around 34 eggs with 12 of those in the pot. She's still on a fence post so she might produce some more tonight (?)