Monday, 27 April 2020

Rishworth - Mid-Spring in a Moth Trap!

Had a pretty good night last night, 4 species new for garden was pretty good..... Any comments very welcome ....


Moth Trapping Night 26th April 2020
Did the trap at about 5 this morning the Great Tits keep watching if I do it after dawn!


List of Species
Dyseriocrania Subpurpurella x1 [NFG]
Red Chestnut x1 [NFG]
Lesser Swallow Prominent x1 [NFG]
Shuttle Shaped Dart x4 [NFG]
Early Thorn x2
Engrailed x1
Hebrew Character x2
Clouded Drab x3
Common Quaker x9
Powdered Quaker x2
Brindled Pug x3
Small Quaker x1
Twin Spotted Quaker x1
Not very red Red Chestnut

2 comments:

AndyC said...

Yes a good catch..you do right getting up early to empty it, I found 2 Blue tits in my trap last year one morning(lots of dead moths) ,,,I sometimes get up and put a sheet over the trap and then go back to bed and then sort it a bit later....keep an eye on the Red Chestnut some are very dark...

Edward Evans said...

Cheers Andy,, I'll watch The Red chestnuts