Worn Agonopterix sp. (Thanks Edward).
This morning, Anne found what looked like a Twenty Plume, it was the right shape, size and colour. Once it saw my camera, it flew off. It was anoying, as since my knee operations, I'm no longer able to kneel. The moth was very low down on tne door. It's a struggle for me to get down so I can lie on the floor, getting up is harder still. So, no idea what it was Such is life.

4 comments:
I think that is a worn Agonopterix sp. Gordon. Hope this helps
Thanks Edward. I thought it was an Agonopterix, I looked at several but non seemed to fit. A year or two back, someone told me not to name one, if I didn't know it's full name, or I'd look silly. I look sill all the time so...
Yes, they are awkward unless they are one of the types that stuck out like a sore thumb from other Agonopterix's. Good luck with your knee.
Thank you Edward. Being a sucker for punishment, I had both knees replaced in 2018, first one June, next one November. I was told it can be a two year recovery. It's one of the major ops the perform, it interferes with all your body's organs. It certainly messed my brain up for two months. It's very likey I'll never be able to kneel again. However, I can now walk on the tops of Ovendem moor, I hadn't done that for 15 years 'til having the ops done. I can walk about 5 miles on rough ground, at 3-4 mph. I'm hoping that CV 19 will clear up fairly quickly (ha!). I was still building my stamina up when it broke out. Bugger. Still, there's always another day.
Post a Comment