Robber Dodge tthis afternoon:
3 x Orange Tips. - It seems to be the year for them. Last year was Small Tortoiseshells.
2 x Small Tortoiseshells.
1 x Unspecified White. (Too far away for ID).
Saturday, 25 April 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yes its a very good year for the early spring species , lots of Orange Tip , Peacocks and Green Hairstreaks...looks like the weather is on the change next week....
Unfortunately, I've yet to see a hairstreak of any sort yet. I live in hope.
Gordon, if Robber Dodge has Oak trees look at the canopy in July for Purple Hairstreak, same goes for White-Letter Hairstreak but on Elm.
I have found White Letter Hairstreaks here in two consecutive years.
Hope this helps in your quest for a Hairstreak. Stay Safe. Edward
Thank you Edward. There are the odd Oaks in Robber Dodge. More of them are to be found in the Fall Spring Woods area, although both are predominantly Beech. I'll have a good look the next time I'm out. Fingers crossed.
Post a Comment