Friday, 24 April 2020

Rishworth - 2 Garden Ticks! Update: 3 Garden Ticks!

A quiet(ish) night last night here in Rishworth but a Red Sword Grass and Purple Thorn as new ticks for the garden brightened the scene up!


It has been interesting the past two times I've trapped as the moths seem to be arriving mostly, if not all after 11 or 12 o'clock. COmnents welcome.


I am really pleased with the Red Sword Grass in my first full year trapping. See the list below the pictures. Comments v. welcome. Update: I just found an Iron Prominent (Nice and Early) on the flags next to  where the trap is run.






List of Species
Red Sword Grass x1
Purple Thorn x1
Common Quaker x6
Hebrew Character x3
Twin Spotted Quaker x1
Early Grey x1
Iron Prominent x1

2 comments:

AndyC said...

Nice selection....

AndyC said...

Can only find one other April record for Iron Prominent locally , Red sword grass are always great to see and your first Purple Thorn...what a night..fantastic