Sunday, 27 September 2020

Rishworth - Overnight Moths - 26th September - At long last!!!!

 Finally a Lunar Underwing appeared here in Rishworth last night a long with three other moths, being two NFYs and a Large Yellow Underwing.

Moth Trap 26th September:

Lunar Underwing x1 [NFG]

Chestnut x1 [NFY]

Red Green Carpet x1 [NFY]

Large Yellow Underwing x1 


Lunar Underwing, Rishworth, 26th September

Red Green Carpet, Rishworth, 26th September

Chestnut, Rishworth, 26th September


4 comments:

Gordon Jackson said...

Silly question time. I see "NFY" and "NFG" used frequently. In my ignorance, I don't know what they stand for. I've not been able to find out either.

Edward Evans said...

Hi Gordon,

It is common moth-er language for :

NFG/NFS - New For Garden/New For Site

NFY - New for year.

Hope this helps,

Edward

David Sutcliffe said...

Pleased to see you got a Lunar Underwing Edward. Smart looking moths.

Edward Evans said...

Indeed David. Very nice vein markings on them.