Thursday, 8 July 2021

Lee Mount 8th July etc....

 This morning in the trap a new one.
Thought at first it was a Hebrew Character by the central mark but on closer checks think it must be Double-Square-spot - a new one for here.


Also rans...
Clouded Silver x 1
Marbled Beauty x 3
Lozotaenia forsterana x 1
Bronze Fruit-tree Tortrix
Bryotropha terrella (maybe) ? (TBC)
Bryotropha terrella (maybe) ? (TBC) 
Had  a few of these lately but still unsure of identification !


Clouded Silver

From last night
Silver Y x 1
Blastobasis adustella

Also from yesterday -several Chimney Sweepers found on Castle Carr Road near Wainstalls and later in the day in Crimsworth Dean alongside the road near Grain Water Bridge.

2 comments:

Gordon Jackson said...

David: Re - Bryotropha terrella. it's hard to tell with such a dark photo. I lightned it and would say that I agree with you. Take a look at Nature Spot, Bryotropha terrella. Note the ring of dark marks midway down. I hope this helps.

David Sutcliffe said...

Thanks Gordon. The are not easy ones to get a decent photo of given their 'colour'!! Also some very similar ones. If I'm not 100% it will have to go and I'll move on ...