A new to me moth this morning, a Common Emerald. It's been around for a while, having lost it's chequered border. It's green colour has faded a lot too. Still it's nice to have a record of it.
Also:
2 x Garden Carpets
1 x Riband Wave - Banded (the same one as yesterday, with a damaged wing)
1 x Brimstone (been here 4 days now)
1 x Snout (different to yesterday's, this one has it wings in perfect condition)
3 x Marbled Beauties (from yesterday)
And another one I have struggled with. I always seem to have problems with this sort of moth. My best guess is either; Agriphila inquatella, 0R Chrysoteuchia culmella. It's quite worn, You can see a faint brown line near the end of it's (tail). The grey area could be worn away, or the remains of a lighter colour area. Does anyone know what this is please?
Agriphila inquatella, 0R Chrysoteuchia culmella
ID needed


2 comments:
I don't think I've ever had a Common Emerald here - must check Gordon. Some of those Agriphilla / Chrysoteuchia baffle me too - I think some of them get faded and I have to give them up as a bad job. keep trying, like me !!!!
See what the morning brings though I've just had the Varied Coronet again fluttering around the Sweet Williams. Pleased I got some of those plants last year, they seem to like them.
Common Emerald , excellent record .
Post a Comment