Sunday, 4 July 2021

Stainland. 2nd to 4th July 2021.

This is a catch up post for 2nd & 4th July. I've been too busy to post until now. Ah, the joys of being a house owner. There were no moths on the 3rd.


2nd July:  A busy night, 10 moths.

5 x Marbled Beauties

2 x Brimstone moths

1 x Small Magpie

1 x White Shouldered House moth

1 x Angle Shades Caterpillar TBC (See below)



I thought this was an Angle Shades cat at first, now I'm not sure. Can anyone help with an ID please?

Angle Shades Caterpillar TBC
 
 
 4th July.

5 x Marbled Beauties again. A range is sizes this time. They seem to be gregarious, I often get groups of them each year,
 
1 x Brimstone moth
1x  Garden Carpet





2 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Trying hard - but I can't get it Gordon !

Gordon Jackson said...

Hu David, Same here, it's a puzzler.