I found this on the moorlands above Ogden Water this moring. It was about 2.5-3cm in length and sheltering under a tin.
If anyone can identify it I would be grateful.
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
5 comments:
Dont,Know but will try and find out its very distinctive.
Im going for Golden Rod Brindle,but i will wait till I get some other replys before its definate.
If it is GRBrindle its a Calderdale BAP species did you take a grid reference.?
Sorry I did not take a grid refernece, however I know which tin it was under and I can get one next week when I'm up at Ogden.
Hi Chris,
I am sticking with GR Brindle(good find),is the can easy to find as i would like to have a look in this area to see if i can find anything else.
Post a Comment