Friday, 9 September 2016

Lee Mount - 8th September

The weather went off around 10 pm with increasing wind and light drizzle so didn't get a lot !
This Pug was small, no more than 8mm wing length (total wing-span 17mm) but it isn't giving a lot away towards identification !

Also
Autumnal Rustic x 1
Common Marbled Carpet x 1 dark form
Large Yellow Underwing x 4
Lesser Yellow Underwing x 1
Copper Underwing agg x 2 looking quite worn and I found  a dead one this morning so got the chance to check the underwing more closely and certainly from that it looked like Svensson's as below !

4 comments:

Gordon Jackson said...

I'm probably wrong, but I took a photo of a moth I couldn't identify. I wonder if it's the same type, which I decided could be a common pug?

AndyC said...

Double striped Pug

David Sutcliffe said...

Hec ... how did you work that one out Andy.. experience no doubt. I just didn't think there was enough to go on though I guess size is a starter. Thanks.

Gordon Jackson said...

Double striped pug? I'll take another look at mine, thanks.