Tuesday, 7 August 2018

Its hot out there..................

                                                                 Barred Hook- tip

Another fantastic day in the warm sun today , started with this Barred Hook-tip and Small Wainscot in the trap along with Yellow barred brindle , Pine Carpet and Lempke's Gold Spot  , then Holly Blue and  Small Copper in the garden and to top it off 2 Wall Brown near Cold Edge quarry.....(thats 22 species for me so far this year with no Painted lady as yet )

3 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Is that a record year count Andy? Not sure how many I have yet this year, not that many) but I'm well happy with finding out more about them and by consciously looking for them.

AndyC said...

Well I dont know , DFranz has had 22 this year I think but overall we have had 25 species which must be a record....I think the Wall Brown records are fascinating,They seem to have moved to upland rough tracks/roads with thistles.? We still have another 8/9 weeks to go yet..who knows what will happen , we have been lucky to see such a variety /spectacle ......

David Sutcliffe said...

Like the Barred Hook-tip. I think we had some at H Crags last year as well. Not had one here yet.