I had one moth this morning. I thought it was a Willow Beauty, but I've only seen the dark form before. Researching it, I find the Willow Beauty is listed as 20mm. Anne and I think this moth was more like 30mm, so please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Willow Beauty. (TBC)
Also, three days ago, I found the moth below by the door. I got quite excited, not having seen this before. We have had to move all the furniture in the front room (again!). Will we ever get our house back together? Sigh. Our plumber discovered that whoever put the gas pipe in for the front room fire, did an illegal job. It wasn't insulated from water and is corroding. It is of course, under the asphalt floor, it's a big job. I've lost access to my moth books, so didn't get an ID for it. This morning, I realised it must be a carpet moth. It's a Common Marbled Carpet.
Common Marbled Carpet.


3 comments:
Willow looks good to me.
Thank you Andy.
Thank you Andy.
Post a Comment