Wednesday, 7 August 2019

Lee Mount

Last night - a moth on the fence that baffled me for a while having a greyish green tinge and around 18mm - thinking Sycamore - but not sure. Still there, but in the trap this morning, very obliging. On looking closely at the photo's I'm now leaning towards Grey Chi seeing the dark central marks on each wing as one of the pointers.
 Grey Chi 

After all the time spent looking for Purple Hairstreaks, I went out this morning to fetch the recycling boxes in. Passing the wet car I came across this. What a surprise, just there on the car window !!! At an awkward angle with the brightness of the glass but after a few contortions I managed this one (orange tipped antennae) . Wondered, has it been there all night in the rain !
Purple Hairstreak

2 comments:

charlie streets said...

Yes, looks good for Grey Chi Dave.

AndyC said...

Agree and nice photo of PH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,