Friday, 13 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
6 comments:
Hi,not sure re which crambus top 1 is,2 yellow shell as you said,3 suspected,4 mottled grey,5/6 silver y,7/8 northern spinach,9/10 scoparia species ? 11/12 large emerald as you said,
Hi Andrew, assuming there's no dates or sizes available my thoughts are.
1 Agriphila tristella
2 Yellow Shell
3 I'll leave for those who have seen one
4 Mottled Grey
5 Same as 6?
6 Silver Y
7&8 Northern Spinach
9&10 Same moth? Eudonia mercurella
11&12 Large Emeralds.
I don't know, I thought this post wasn't going to get commented on so I thought I'd have a stab and then Brian beats me to it :-)
Cheers Guys, I'm hoping to get a more reliable trap soon for the site at work and then also better photo's. Charlie 9&10 are of the same moth, should have perhaps made that clearer. Thanks for the help both of you.
where abouts is this massive trap,??
sorry for the slow reply andy, it's at slack top just before widdop rd.
Post a Comment