Tuesday, 30 August 2016

Micro ID please

Hi

First, I think The unidentified  moth is a Eudonia lacustrata, judging by the small "x" like shape low down by the outside of the wings. On some I've seen, there is a circle of dark scales near the wing costa which has a shape a bit like a pair of bulls horns at on it facing the centre of the moth. Sorry, bad description. A ring with horns?

Now I found a very worn micro about 2 cm wingspan on my wall. It's VERY worn but there is evidence of of it having had a lot of green colouring. I wondered if it was a Carpet of some description. Does anyone recognise it please?

Unknown, possibly a carpet?

Thanks, Gordon.


5 comments:

AndyC said...

Yellow barred Brindle

AndyC said...

You can edit your posts , just go to blogger and you will find edit your posts under the post title....

David Sutcliffe said...

Thanks for the help with the Eudonia.

Gordon Jackson said...

Andy, thank you. As soon as I read your comment, I realised I knew about editing. I blog for the FEET members site regularly, I have done since late 2014. I think I was far more tired than I was aware, or I'd have done the edit. Silly me.

David S. I'm glad I could help.

AndyC said...

Thanks for your post Gordon, Yellow barred brindles are great moths..