I did better with this butterfly - a Wall - was I chuffed with this one - though it gave me the run-around for over an hour trying to get a photo with wings open. Not to be as it always landed on the wrong side of the wall, but I did get enough to clinch identification. I suspected one here last year but gave up on it in the end as I remember, I couldn't get enough on it.
Wall
Also present were 3 Small Heath's and numerous 'whites'. Those I was able to identify were all Green-veined Whites
Hunting over the pond at the top end of the reservoir was what I thought was a massive Bee by it's colouration but it was 'flying rapid'. No chance of a photo but it looked like a very fat bodied large dragonfly. Worth checking that pond if anyone goes up there on a hot sunny day.
2 comments:
Nice one with the Wall Brown , still around in very small numbers...Broad bodied chasers are are around at the moment.?
Looks like Common Heath , they can be very variable.??
Post a Comment