Sunday, 3 June 2018

Stainland, Foxglove Pug.

I found this over the door today and just got round to photographing it. It's only the second Foxglove Pug I've seen.

Foxglove Pug

It seems unlikely that I will be posting again for some time. I'm going into hospital for the first of two operations on my legs, on Wed., this week. The recovery time is three months, or longer. I should be able to go to town after about 4 weeks, but ladder climbing etc., is out. The next op will be on 23rd Sept. Just nicely timed so I'll be walking reasonably well, before I have to start all over again. I'm going to miss the best part of the moth season. Ho Hum. I think I shall take up knitting.

5 comments:

AndyC said...

Hope all goes well Gordon,,, we can always pop round with the trap for an hour ...if you fancy that , when your recovering...

Stephen Rush said...

Good luck. Found your site recently and enjoying reading your findings....it helps me with mine tremendously!

David Sutcliffe said...

All the best Gordon. Keep us posted !

David Sutcliffe said...

Those Foxglove Pugs are great looking moths. Had a couple here over the last week or so and they looked so bright and fresh.

Gordon Jackson said...

ANDY: Thank you, I'm little worried, I admit it. Re Visiting me with the light trap. What a lovely gesture! I would love it, I think Anne was keen too, even though she does not like moths flying round her (long story). Just a couple of points:
1) We have a small garden, if that is a problem, It's about 10 feet to the gate from the door with garden on each side of the path. Could probably accommodate 4 or 5 moth'ers in it with a trap. We do have a nice bench and some seats.

2) We live in a terraced house in a small street. There is a young baby opposite us, one next door and a 4 year old on the other side. The only problem would be if the light trap is petrol driven. Electricity would not be a problem though. It would be wonderful to have some of you up here. Thank you

Stephen Rush: I'm so pleased that you are finding my blog site of some help. I don't get many comments, so I never know if stuff is liked or not. It would be nice to meet you.

David: Thank you for the good wishes. I think I need them! Re: Foxglove Pugs. They are very nice looking, the last one I saw was a bit worn. This one looked new and fresh as yours have said.